Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4e Game Here

+2
Archonares
Kevin Conner
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

4e Game Here - Page 2 Empty Re: 4e Game Here

Post  Kevin Conner Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:59 am

The group meets at the town gate, all of you fresh with your stock of supplies, and few of you fresh with your bath.

After some discussion and examination of the map, you realize the fortification is two days travel by road, anywhere from two to four days through the western and slightly northern area of the wilderness outside of the town. It's covered in sparse forest, so you will find easy game the further into the foothills you go, but along with that comes predators.

The road is quicker, but the goblins will definitely have scouts watching the roads.

(ooc, you guys have until Saturday to discuss and vote on which direction you'll travel and what you'll do. Also, I suggest one of you becomes party leader by that time or I'll appoint Precilla as your leader. If you want to start using the chat box, then I suggest you PM each other for an appropriate meeting time to arrange it, you can also use the archives button on the chat box to leave open ended messages instead of posting).

Kevin Conner
Emperor
Emperor

Character sheet
Name of Player and Character, and quick Description: Choose my Character!
Stats: Ability Scores, Class, Level, HP, Equipped Items, etc:

https://panada.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Elim Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:08 pm

Seeing the heroes gathering at the city gates Elim steps forwards and introduces himself.
"Greetings friends, I am Elim Dragonchilde, and this is my friend Faun'alama" he says, gesturing to the diminutive creature on his shoulder.
"We know of your quest and would add our powers fey and arcane to your mission." Bowing low with a flourish he adds "If you will have us..."

Elim

Character sheet
Name of Player and Character, and quick Description: Elim Dragonchilde (Player Crayg Wellbeloved)

Back to top Go down

Post  revanmal Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:28 pm

Hassaway looked quizzically at the little beings who had followed them: what was either a ridiculously short man or a halfling, and some kind of fairy. He considered them for a moment, not entirely sure of their motives. He had been taught very early on that Fey were not to be trusted very far - they were notorious for tricks and deviousness in legends. Combine that with the fact that halflings weren't exactly renowned as honest folk, and he was understandably suspicious. Still, aid would expedite their mission all the more, and the last thing they needed was to be shorthanded. Hassaway finally nodded assent and turned to the others.

"We've another seeker of adventure amongst us. What say the rest of you?"

revanmal

Character sheet
Name of Player and Character, and quick Description: Michael Kershner - Hassaway Brindle

Back to top Go down

Post  Archonares Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:32 am

Aaren frowned, his brows knitting together in a look of concentration. Goblins weren't that dangerous, but the man who had hired him would be a different story. And this scroll... it didn't seem like something your average goblin would care enough about to steal. And how did this little man know of their venture? Only one way to ask...

He stepped up to stand next to the self-proclaimed Captain, settling one gauntleted hand on Hassaway's shoulder, "I'm curious to know what he knows of our mission, and what draws him to stand with us in it. Wouldn't want just any old rogue joining us, just to kill us all while we sleep." Without thinking about it, Aaren's eyes flitted off to one side, looking towards the Tiefling from their initial meeting.

Archonares

Character sheet
Name of Player and Character, and quick Description: Aaren Weinslock

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Freeman Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:13 am

"S-sorry..." you barely hear, "I don't mean to be a burden, but could I suggest that we start moving? I'm a bit worried about this poison s-so it doesn't matter if this rogue intends to kill us..." Erik says, turning towards the halfling, "which I don't think you would, of course!", and back to the group "...because we'll still die from the poison if we stand here all the time. I don't mean to tell you guys what to do of course, but could I also suggest that we take the easy path? I fear the goblins will be a much bigger challenge than a few boars or spiders" With that, Erik turns back to Elim, smiles and nods.

Jack Freeman

Character sheet
Name of Player and Character, and quick Description: Erik Glor - Niave Human Cleric

Back to top Go down

Post  Elim Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:27 am

Sensing the suspicions about his mysterious arrival Elim felt it better to be honest in his response.
"I apologise for my tardiness in making my presence known. I had been summoned here by a faceless stranger wishing to hire my services. Normally I would not respond to such a message, but it became apparent that the greater power to which I answer wished me to make this journey also." Directly to Erik he says "I'm sure you understand such things."
His gaze wonders from person to person, taking in the group as a whole as he continues. "When I saw you gathered at the tavern I could not be sure that you were the group to which my fate had been tied. So I took the precaution of observing you, making sure I understood the mission you, or we, have been assigned and then.." He paused looking for the right word, "communing with my benifactor to ensure my fate was to walk your path."
Hoping this explination would placate and doubters he nodded to Erik and turns to address Aaren. "I don't have much knowledge of the natural world or the wilderness paths, but I agree that, in this case, it will probably be a safer route than the open road. But I will happily follow where you lead." Either Elim has assumed that the assertive warrior is the leader, or this is his way of indicating how he would vote if such a decision needed to be made.

Elim

Character sheet
Name of Player and Character, and quick Description: Elim Dragonchilde (Player Crayg Wellbeloved)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Conner Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:31 am

"Well," Precilla sighed, as she clasped her necklace. In a flash of smoke you hear the clop of hooves, and Precilla standing a few feet taller than before, "I could care less where we go, just as long as the way is clear! I do so detest walking on human legs. It's tiring. And before you ask, no," she growled, "none of you are permitted to use me as a free ride or pack mule!" Precilla adjusted her own pack, which folded out nicely on her long equine back.

Kevin Conner
Emperor
Emperor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Conner Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:52 am

(OOC:

Ok guys, I'm randomly choosing an OOC group leader. I choose archonares for the month of feb.

Now, this isn't to say that he's the group leader. I think that there should be a democratic process. But if it comes to me requiring an immediate answer, he has it for feb. I will change leader in march).

Precilla sighs, "Ok, everyone. Let's put this to a democratic vote. Majority rules. Tie breakers will be solved with rock paper scissors! - Who says hillside, who says frontal assault!?"

Kevin Conner
Emperor
Emperor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Archonares Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:40 pm

Aaren shrugged noncommittally as he considered the centaur's words, then took a clanking step up to stand next the halfling. This allowed Elim to fully appreciate Aaren's lack of recent hygiene, and allowed Aaren to turn to face the group. He cleared his throat, making sure they could all hear him, or perhaps just so they would all have to suffer his beer-breath equally, then laid a gauntleted hand on the halfling's diminutive shoulder, "We've got quite the group here. I think we should take the road. I won't advocate storming the gates or anything like that, but I will say I don't think we have anything to fear from a couple little greenies. Goblins can't be that problematic."

Aaren looked around after his little speech, then muttered into his matted beard, almost as an afterthought, "And I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't know this area well enough, and getting lost in the woods could be far worse than dealing with a few measly goblins."

Archonares

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Conner Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:09 am

"Ok so Aren casts his vote for the road."

Kevin Conner
Emperor
Emperor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Elim Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:17 pm

Elim tries not to retch at the smell of his new friend, knowing that after a few days on the road they're all likely to smell as bad. Faun'a, not so subtley, lifts the colar of Elims jacket to cover her mouth and nose and jingles with annoyance. Shaking his head and rolling his eyes with a sigh Elim is about to scold her before he nearly caves under the weight of Aarens hand. Looking up he smiles, listening to the fighters comments, nodding his agreement.
"One ways as good as the other, so I vote road too"

Elim

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Freeman Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:36 pm

Erik, aware that he has been (or will be) outvoted speaks up "I-I'll come with you, on the road" so that he doesn't cause any disagreements, even though he was less afraid of the forest than of the potential goblins.

Jack Freeman

Character sheet
Name of Player and Character, and quick Description: Erik Glor - Niave Human Cleric

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Conner Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:05 pm

As you travel the road, you spend the next eight hours trying to imagine what it will be like when you meet the goblins (I did say goblins, right?). You finally find a break up to the pass where the fort resides. The path is rocky, and on either side you realize you cannot see more than 20 feet in any direction.

((Everyone who has posted since I last gave out exp, should read this post and add exp in accordance with this post -click on the word spoiler to read-
Spoiler:
))

Kevin Conner
Emperor
Emperor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Archonares Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:01 am

As they make it to the break before the fortress, Aaren moves slightly to one side, wiping the sweat from his forehead with one hand, "Long... blasted... walk." he says, a bit tired, but mostly just sweaty.

He looks to the others, panting slightly, "Now just... to figure out... how to get them out, and us in."

Archonares

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Conner Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:32 pm

As you each walk into the canyon, you hear small voices seem to echo, and hear more than a few rocks loosen from the concealed sides of the hills.

please post your next actions carefully.

Kevin Conner
Emperor
Emperor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Freeman Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:00 am

Erik, tailing behind, stops as he hears what sounds like rocks falling. He considers asking his companions if they'd heard the same but, after so many false alarms on the journey so far, he put it down to another attack of paranoia, fearing that his party would exile him should he make them wait any longer. At this, he jogged to catch his acquaintances up.

Jack Freeman

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Conner Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:36 pm

"Hold on!" Precila motioned for everyone to stop, "I think this is a trap... should we go forward we're surely going to encounter at least three times our own odds! If you decide to go forward, though, I will follow!"

OOC in spoiler below:

Spoiler:

Kevin Conner
Emperor
Emperor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Archonares Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:12 pm

Aaren would calmly wave one hand, wiping away some more sweat from his brow, then frowns, "Do you think they can hear us? And if so, now that they know that we know they are here, then do you think they'll come out after us, rather than lie in ambush?"

Archonares

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Conner Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:46 am

Ok I'll give everyone until wednesday to discuss their plans before I post again. Jack, Archon, if we can it would be nice to try and handle whatever future combat we may have in instant message or the chat box, so Jack if you have AIM please contact me as soon as possible: dalbozofgurth

If not then let's try to get a time where we can get together, otherwise combat tends to last quite a while in messageboard format.

Kevin Conner
Emperor
Emperor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Conner Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:20 am

I need everyone who wants to play to post in here again.

ArchonAres I know you want to play so it's ok.

But the rest of you have yet to answer my pms -_-

Kevin Conner
Emperor
Emperor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2