"Jews for Jesus" - is this true "Christianity" or is this a violation of Judaism

Go down

"Jews for Jesus" - is this true "Christianity" or is this a violation of Judaism

Post  Kevin Conner on Thu May 08, 2008 4:31 pm

Let me start this debate with presenting a few facts that have become to be recognized by all major archaeological and historical leaders:

* Jesus was Jewish.
* Jesus was promoting radical changes in supposed corruption of Judaism.
* Jesus promoted equality amongst the sexes, despite the resulting division in his deciples.
* Jesus was a healer, trained by the best medical scholars of his time. Whether or not he healed by divine touch is up to the religion. But he was a trained doctor.
* Jesus' protests were mainly against Caiaphas and those who supported him, however, Jesus did not object to many of the other Jewish priests.
* One of two confirmed archaeological sites for Caiaphas' house has graven images, something prohibited by Judaism, suggesting a 50% chance that the High Priest was less observant of Jewish tradition than Jesus. Caiaphas is recognized universally as the leader of the group which had Jesus sentenced to death.

Was Jesus truly Jewish and NOT a Christian? Was his whole purpose to create a new religion or sanctify the old? Are Jews for Jesus the TRUE Christians? As they observe the good he did, while promoting healthy growth of Judaism? Or are Christians the real Christians? What would Jesus be, or think, in this day and age?

Kevin Conner
Emperor
Emperor

Character sheet
Name of Player and Character, and quick Description: Choose my Character!
Stats: Ability Scores, Class, Level, HP, Equipped Items, etc:

View user profile http://panada.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: "Jews for Jesus" - is this true "Christianity" or is this a violation of Judaism

Post  Rachel on Fri May 09, 2008 1:30 pm

jesus was the fulfillment of God's promise to the jews. i dont think he'd be against christianity, as i think its a religion that has evolved to 'fit' the contemporary world; as much of an anti-thesis as that may be lol and also judiasm is hereditary; christians are the gentiles that would be excluded from becoming true 'jews'. but i also think that christian jews are living out the destined evolution of their religion in embracing jesus- who came for them. and therefore jews who reject jesus are deluding their own religion in refusing to recognise their messiah. techniqually christians enter into the same family as jews, although jews will always have special status as god's chosen people, they even get a second chance in the armageddon. id have a large esteem for any jew, christian or otherwise, they live in respect of the old testament (i think)- but in that sense can be comparable to muslims.

Rachel

Character sheet
Name of Player and Character, and quick Description: Ethereal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Jews for Jesus" - is this true "Christianity" or is this a violation of Judaism

Post  Kevin Conner on Fri May 09, 2008 4:20 pm

But, Rachel, you're working under the assumption that many of the christian churches follow the teachings of Jesus. Very few of the christian bibles and teachings are in accord with the teachings of Jesus. His ceremonies and teachings were far more similar to modern Judaism than they are to many current christian churches.

Kevin Conner
Emperor
Emperor

Character sheet
Name of Player and Character, and quick Description: Choose my Character!

View user profile http://panada.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down